Though sleep had fled, I closed my eyes.
I'd given up my futile tries
of counting sheep; and so instead:
I closed my eyes, though sleep had fled.
There in night's still, a whispered drone,
of shadow, shade, of wraith unknown,
spoke to my thoughts. "Submit your will!"
a whispered drone, there in night's still.
He wove a dream into my mind
and used the lull of words to bind
my consciousness. Desire as theme,
into my mind he wove a dream.
I could not wake, although I tried.
Through endless scenes I seemed to glide,
a spectre there, ne'er to partake,
although I tried. I could not wake!
All in a daze, I woke from rest.
Enchantment burst at sun's behest,
into a technicoloured haze.
I woke from rest, all in a daze.
In daylight's hour, like grains of sand
the visions fade within my hand.
Night's dreams became, without their pow'r,
like grains of sand, in daylight's hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment